Why?

Everyone else had a blog, so I want one!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God Experience? Why Not?

Dear Blog, 
Ok.. that's weird enough, let's just stick with the normal un-formal typing method, lol.


Well on Saturday night I went to the annual Youth Alive Victoria! It was AWESOME!! 
For those who don't know what it is, it is basically kind of like an annual Christian concert like thing, except with a preacher speaking out words of wisdom and is a time to praise God. This year was extra good, because I had my first ever God Experience! WHOO HOO!!


Not getting into too much detail - it was basically just that I was chatting with a friend about something I've been thinking about, and he told me to go for it (as in to follow what I think I should do), pray for it, and set a deadline with God when praying. I listened and did as he said, I prayed for someone else other than this friend of mine to tell me to 'go for it' and act upon this 'thing'. On the night of Youth Alive, I went in not expecting anything too special. Half way through the night, I prayed a prayer about this 'thing' that I've been thinking about. I gave God the Father the deadline of that night. Fair enough, as the preacher, Reggie, began to speak (Note: speakers usually talk about something random before their actual sermon; as a build up), he spoke about this exact 'thing' that I was thinking of! It felt as thought he was ordering me specifically to act upon my thoughts! The moment I realised that he was mentioning it, my mind just blew! (similarly to "WTH?! NO WAY!"). I felt as though God was going through Reggie to speak to me!


You know the term 'bottom of my heart' ? Well, I literally felt the BOTTOM OF MY HEART! It is the most amazing feeling you'll ever get in your life. It is un-describable! 


And well, yeah, that was my experience =D


Btw, just some minor advertisements for my beloved sister and bro-in-law:
http://www.eatdrinklive.org/index.php


God Experience? 
Why Not? [Quote 'WhyNot Universe']




2 comments:

bonbon said...

WOW SERIOUSLY LOOOOOVEE THIS ENTRYY!!
THE MANY WHO WILL READ THIS WILL BE TOUCHED.. ITS A TESTIMONY!! AND A GOOD ONE TOO!

Thangstahh said...

Thanks bro!
I tried to write out what my heart contained, and *shrug* thats all I got..

Not too good, yet not too shabby for a testimony I guess =)