Why?

Everyone else had a blog, so I want one!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's been a while

It's been a while that I've done a few things that I did today.
I went for a drive.
I had my hair cut.
I spent my day at home (as in there was no outing, just a drive and hair cut).
I FINISHED READING A WHOLE BOOK! =O

Surprising to both me, and most of my friends I guess.
Other than the short list of things that I did, that I haven't done in a while, I had a chance to try out a pair of shoes that Jie got for me, which is suppose to be a birthday present. The shoes are shown below, and well, I didn't like them as much as I believe that I will. Not sure why, but *shrug*

Quotes of the day (extracts of the novel below):
1. Chapter 9-"Preserve me from the enemy who has something to gain, and from the friend who has something to lose."
2. Chapter 9-"Teach us to care and not to care. Teach us to sit still."
3. Chapter 13-"The only wisdom we can hope to acquire is the wisdom of humility."
4. Chapter 17-"May the judgement not be too heavy on us."
5. Chapter 33-"There is one who remembers the way to your door: Life you may evade, but Death you shall not."
6. Chapter 66-"In order to possess what you do not possess, you must go by way of dispossession. And what you do not know is the only way thing you know."
7. Chapter 71-"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must go through the way in which you are not."
8. Chapter 72-"The world turns and the world changes, but one thing does not change. However you disguise it, this thing does not change: the perpetual struggle of Good and Evil."
9. Chapter 77-"I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing."

These quotes may sound depressing at times, but they are indisputably usually true.

No comments: