Why?

Everyone else had a blog, so I want one!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mid-Autumn Festival

Today is a day known as the Mid-Autumn Festival, or 中秋節. This day is famous for its full moon, clear skies, moon cakes and lanterns. Traditionally, families sit together to have dinner, with children running around with lanterns, and adults eating moon cakes, drinking tea, chatting and enjoying the beauty of the full moon. However, even though I was with family for dinner tonight, all my cousins are younger than me by a fair bit (weren't playing with lanterns but with the wii instead), and I would rather sit, eat moon cakes, drink tea and enjoy the beauty of the moon; however, the adults were all indoors, no one outdoors, and they don't talk about the same things as me. So, until I obtain freedom of my own transportation, I guess there's no way for me to be out and about on this particular day of the year to chat with someone who is the around about my age and enjoy nature's positive side with me.

As I woke up today I went for a run. This wasn't any simple run, but a run to my buddy's place. The thing is that he/she was coming over to my suburb and then going out to have a basketball game and all, but he/she was so crazy that he/she wanted to walk from their place to mine! That's like a 30 minute run, or a 40-50 minute walk (one way)! As the walk was mainly on a main road, I found it unsafe and dangerous, so I woke up a bit earlier to meet up with my buddy halfway from their place and mine. Because I felt that it was unsafe for him/her to be coming alone, i left my house a bit early, so my buddy doesn't have to walk too far alone. Funnily, this buddy of mine took AGES getting out of their house, so I was about 5 minutes away from their house when I say him/her.
We spent a chunk of the day just walking around my suburb, and then for about an hour, played basketball at a set of basketball courts near CP primary.

Later today, I had to go to tutor, so that went off as usual. Then the night went fine, with me only scaring ONE relative, with that new stud I got (fail!). We also have two relatives (an aunt and uncle) who came down from Sydney who are staying over at our place. They're pretty cool adults (only about 20-30yrs old), as they were the ones who introduced me to Taiwanese drama, specifically "HOT SHOT!" *WHOO HOO!*.

I just got one more chapter (normal distribution) and I finish my bound reference. Let's hope I can finish it tomorrow! That's the aim for tomorrow.

Quote of the day:
"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
Let's hope we can do this...

4 comments:

grub said...

haha you ser? that's what my family did too! LMAO!

cousins and sister raided the wii, whilst adults just talked about stuff and me trying to do my accounting work. i couldn't see the moon from my window though, too cloudy.

but i do the whole lantern and mooncake stuff when i'm in malaysia though :)

Unknown said...

lol...you cant tell whether your friend is a he/she LOL

Thangstahh said...

To Eira:
true..
but oh well, thats how I started typing, and its exactly how I'm going to continue.

To Grub:
LOL! fail! but same here =(
i was working on my methods wrk, and then i just couldnt be stuffed anymore cause so many people were around, so I gave up and hope I can finish it today!

Unknown said...

LOL...i so know who this friend is then LOL